Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> FFXIV Guild Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badem_Jax
Dragon Shadow

re: Something went BANG

So as some of you know my new(ish) PC went BANG last week and I tracked issue down to the GPU (GTX950 2GB Version) and SCAN have been in discussion and advised I can get a small 'refund' (minus depreciation and wear and tear on card) so currently sitting on my old 650 TI ambling away, need some ideas for (inexpensive) upgrades for my 650 since the 9 series Nvidia are End of Life/Out of Stock for the new 10 Series (which are pretty pricey due to their demand for Crypto mining)

Any suggestions welcomed :)

zipp_sotd
Dragon Shadow

Bad timing, GPU prices are crazy at the moment.  What is your budget and gaming expectations? A 1050 or 1050 Ti gives a good amount of bang for the buck at the moment.

Grerdol
Dragon Knight

You could try looking at the second hand tech shops (Cex etc) - they often have stuff from people who upgrade all the time.  Should be able to find 9 and 10 series cards.

oxolotl
Dragon Knight

If you have the PSU and space for it you are more than welcome to my spare 980GTX if its easy enough to get to you (i'm Guildford,UK)

Hey Ox, I thought you were joking when you said about this ingame :)

It would be awesome if you could spare it? I am UK based as well (Cheshire UK) and happy to pay the shipping fees for it :)

At the moment waiting for SCAN to give me a credit note for the card but its looking to be about £60 so only another £300 so I can buy a card and the missus is not happy with me getting more parts at the moment lol

oxolotl
Dragon Knight

Ok well ff to get in touch with email oxolotl@gmail.com

Sent you Email mate, again thanks for this, mighty generous of you :)

Badem_Jax
Dragon Shadow

Huge shout out to Ox for saving the day :)

This game is proper stunning on a decent card, I thought mine was alright (GTX950) but the card Ox kindly supplied me shows how much I was missing even on what I thought were decent settings.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> FFXIV Guild Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: