Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Elder Scrolls Online
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

re: ESO Purchase info

A few of us had some fun in ESO tonight, so if anyone was thinking about buying it after the free trial ends tomorrow, here are some of the options available.

1. Buy the base game direct from the website or through steam for about 6 quid, doesn't include any additional DLC's

2. Buy the Gold edition from Steam, which included 4 DLC's, for 20 quid.

3. Buy the base game, and subscribe to monthly plus membership for 8.99, which gives access to all DLC as long as you continue to sub, together with other benefits such as 10% increased XP, faster crafting skill ups, increased gold loot, some on-line store tokens every month and a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that you contributing the the future of the game and helping the CEO along with their next Maserati.

Note: you DON'T need a monthly subscription to enjoy all aspects of the game. There are no limitations to not having a subscription, other than the access to DLC (which you can purchase individually if you like), and the other bonuses you get from plus account.

I enjoyed myself tonight, so I'll probably give it a crack again. Would be good to try some more of the group content.

Last edited by Maccaroni101 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Merleon
Dragon Knight

That's what I'm looking forward to. I remember a brilliant group of Circle guildies, we were roaming accross the pvp area hunting Skyshards. That was fun. Also fun doing some limited pvp stuff in a larger group. It's a pity most dungeon stuff is groups of 4.

My game patch now around 50%, so getting there. Bloody Mel had deleted it, so a full reinstall, lol. Now I remember why I keep all my MMO's installed and patched, unless I'm totally sure I'm never going to play them again. (One uninstalled for me is Neverwinter MMO, I have the following patched up to this month. AOC, DDO, EQ1, EQ2, lotro, SOTA, TSW and Wurm Online.) I will uninstall TESO from my pc as it can't play on this until I get a vid card upgrade.

EQ2 Mophia, Bumgazu, Merleon, and many others (well 18 last count)
EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Badem_Jax
Dragon Shadow

I did the Gold upgrade then the ESO plus as that crafting bag is a god send lol

Also isntalled some add ons so makes the game a little easier to track

Merleon
Dragon Knight

OK, I got in today. Checked the roster of Circle guild, found Kami, Oxo, Dreadmagi and Behemyth. Also possibly Vulture's brother, but not Vulture. I did an ingame mail to Kami, and tried Vulture.

I have 8 chars and will make my last later this week, a Daggerfall DK, probably one of the elf races. That will be 3 from each faction, and 3 temps, 3 sorcerors, 2 DK and 1 nightblade, lol. The nightbalde is aldermari. As to races I have 2 imperials, otherwise a nice race mix.

EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

Badem_Jax wrote:

I did the Gold upgrade then the ESO plus as that crafting bag is a god send lol

Also isntalled some add ons so makes the game a little easier to track

Yeas, some essential add ons for me are:

AUI - advanced UI, which includes a minimap, buff/debuff tracker, easier access to quickslot items and other stuiff

Skyshards - overlay for the map

Harvan's All Experiance Bars - lets you show individial xp bars for different skills on the hud.

If anyone else has any handy addons, please let us know.

Last edited by Maccaroni101 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

Merleon wrote:

OK, I got in today. Checked the roster of Circle guild, found Kami, Oxo, Dreadmagi and Behemyth. Also possibly Vulture's brother, but not Vulture. I did an ingame mail to Kami, and tried Vulture.

I have 8 chars and will make my last later this week, a Daggerfall DK, probably one of the elf races. That will be 3 from each faction, and 3 temps, 3 sorcerors, 2 DK and 1 nightblade, lol. The nightbalde is aldermari. As to races I have 2 imperials, otherwise a nice race mix.

As soon as you are in guild Moph, I'll make sure you have invite rights, and maybe you can invite them in if you catch up with them.

When we get to 10 members, we can get a guild bank - woohoo !

If anyone else wants to join the guild, just get in touch with any of the following people online:

@Heeymaccaroni , @karofin , @Stevie13 , @Badem , @Chrismarchant, @jarbozann (Jarzak)

Merleon
Dragon Knight

I'm in guild, accepted your invite when I got in.

There is an add on which shows the crafting map locations with the mats, and one that shows the treasure map locs as well. I need to look that up and stick on Mel's pc.

EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Badem_Jax
Dragon Shadow

I have the add on for crafting loot and treasure, tis useful but am creating my own than using someone elses file

zipp_sotd
Dragon Shadow

I thought I might try this, but my PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements.  I am currently running:

Core 2 duo E8500 overclocked to 3.6 Ghz

Radeon 5850 GPU 1gb VRAM

8gb DDR2 RAM

I've done some googling and people say with this kind of machine, it is likely to have severe issues with FPS, especially in towns.

Has anyone got a similar machine to me and is playing it OK? I don't want to start it and find that it grinds to a halt when I am out of the starting area.

Thanks

Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

If it helps, my pc is a few years old - I have an i5 3.1Ghz with 8gb ram and GTX650Ti, running on pretty good gfx settings within game, and it runs fine. I was in an area with aprox. 40+ other players killing the same mob and it seemed to run ok (apart from the fact I couldn't see anything from too many spell effects).

I'm pretty sure my lad was playing this with an i3, so I don't think you're likley to have too many problems. Though I'm not sure how the nvidia compares to the radeon.

Edit: See PM I just sent you :)

Ajuben
Dragon Shadow

Your specs sound a wee bit low Zipp, but might be playable on low settings, if you have a reasonable amount of ram you might get away with it.

When are you upgrading?

Ajuben
Dragon Shadow

You can probably grab a reasonably cheep graphics card for about £50 or under that is better than the one you have from amazon, that would probably do the trick if your current card is a bit too slow, just make sure your OS is supporting whatever you get and the game.

Alternatively AMD have recently released new cards the cheapest going at about £80 Radeon rx550. Very nice performance from them for the money.

https://www.scan.co.uk/    They were some of the most reasonably priced, could also try http://www.ebuyer.com/ 

Last edited by Ajuben on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Merleon
Dragon Knight

I was playing it fine on my old machine built in 2008, with good graphics card then. Then they swapped up to DDI11 with The Thieves Guild expansion, and my Geforce 9800 can only run DDI10.  So if you can run Direct 11 with DDI1 then you should be able to run this.

I reinstalled on his machine and running fine.

EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
zipp_sotd
Dragon Shadow

After talking to Tortolini, I am going to give it a go and see how my machine copes with it.  My card supports DX11, so that sounds hopeful.

I should be upgrading within the next couple of months (fingers crossed).  I am waiting for one of my savings to mature before I can use that on the rest of the components, or maybe sooner if my wife behaves herself!

Stevie13
Dragon Shadow

"if my wife behaves herself!"

Whahahaha. This sounds like "when hell freezes over" (at least in my case :-))

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: