Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Elder Scrolls Online
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Karofin-
Dragon High Council

re: ESO - Free Trial until 18th April

I downloaded this yesterday.  See what it is like.  I played it at launch and didn't like it but I keep hearing it has got a lot better, now I will see.  You get it via STEAM.  Shout up if you try it.

EXPERIENCE LIMITLESS ADVENTURE
PLAY THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE FOR FREE!

Experience the award-winning world of Tamriel FREE on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC/Mac between now and 15:00 BST April 18th!

How do I play for free?

Head to our website to pick your preferred platform, download The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and then create your account. You'll be able to play the game until 15:00 BST April 18th, after which you'll need to purchase it to continue playing.

What will I have access to?

• The full game, not including DLC game pack areas
  • 500 crowns to spend in the Crown Store if you're creating an account for the first time
  • Characters you create, Crown Packs or Crown Store items you purchase, and any progress you make during the Free Play Week will carry over if you decide to purchase the game

Continue Your Adventure!

Throughout the event period, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition, and Crown Packs will be available on the PlayStation®Store, Xbox Store, Steam Store, and The Elder Scrolls Online Store at a discounted price. Purchase now to continue your adventure exactly where you left off!

Alternatively, you can prepare for ESO's new chapter by pre-ordering ESO: Morrowind to receive exclusive in-game items with the Discovery Pack*. You can either pre-order the full game including The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited*, or if you decide to purchase the base game in the sale (The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited or The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition), you can pre-order the ESO: Morrowind Upgrade.

*Please note if you pre-order the full version of Morrowind, access to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind will unlock on June 6th, 2017.

Return to Morrowind in this new chapter of the award-winning online role-playing series, The Elder Scrolls Online. Morrowind is on the verge of destruction, and it's up to you to save it from a deadly Daedric threat. Embark on a dangerous journey through legendary locales, from volcanic ashlands to mushroom-filled forests. Pre-order today to get the Discovery Pack!

Crowns can be purchased in packs of various sizes, and you'll receive a discount on larger packs! Check out the Crown Store in-game to see all the great offerings, and buy yourself a pack of crowns to spend on your favorites.

ESO Plus™ is our premium membership service. Sign up now to receive in-game benefits that let you get the most out of your journeys in Tamriel. Members receive increased experience, faster crafting progression, and bonus gold along with access to all available DLC game packs and a monthly allotment of crowns.

ZeniMax Online Studios Bethesda
Facebook Twitter Google Plus YouTube Tumblr Instagram
PEGI

Make sure you receive your email from ZeniMax. Add email@mailer.elderscrollsonline.com to your address book. © 2017 ZeniMax Media Inc. Trademarks are the property of their respective owner. One-time purchase of the game and internet connectivity required. All Rights Reserved.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact

Update Profile | Unsubscribe image

This email was sent by: ZeniMax Media Inc. - 1370 Piccard Dr. Ste. 120 Rockville, MD, 20850, UNITED STATES

Merleon
Dragon Knight

LOL Karo. A lot of it bought it ages ago, last I heard Kami and Vulture were still playing. I have some chars and pop in from time to time.

EQ2 Mophia, Bumgazu, Merleon, and many others (well 18 last count)
EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

I played a bit of ESO, and generally quite enjoyed it. For me though it was the sort of game you can pop in and out of every now and then, for a bit of fun. It didn't have the feeling of a game I could give any long term commitment to. Still a nice looking game though.

The only thing that really bugged me about it, and this is a very contentious issue on the forums on both sides of the fence, was the lack of name/guild tags above peoples heads. Ok, you could click on a player and find out their name, but I was standing next to guild mates and didn't even know they were there. It was almost as if the other players in the game were inconsequential, they could be NPC's for all I knew. A lot of people liked this feature, saying it was more immersive - true, when you walk down the street people don't have their name floating above their heads, but I found the feature made the game a much less social experience.

Ajuben
Dragon Shadow

The visuals are the best bit, what spoiled it for me was a lack of distinct character roles and interdependence, if it had the normal trinity quadrinity group play it would have been awesome, the other thing was the insane quest grind, you are forced to grind quests all the way through, which gets damn annoying after a while. Also too much handholding where exploration was concerned, everything has a sign above the location pointing the way. Still not a terrible game, worth a go if you haven't done it yet.

Stevie13
Dragon Shadow

hmmm, got it 2, anyone online this weekend? Can always reinstall it. Never did any groups, but gameplay is quite nice!

What are peoples opinions of this - thinking about getting this as it on sale - but don't want to waste time - a lot of time downloading/money.  With my connection I have no chance to trying it during the free period.

Let me know what you think

Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

If there were a few of us wanting to play, I'd certainly reactivate my account and join you. It would be nice to experience some of the group content. Overall, it's an enjoyable game, and worthy of a download, I just don't think feel there's much longevity in the game.

I'll put a separate post up to see if we can get an evening arranged together.

Stevie13
Dragon Shadow

last played, 26-4-2016. Just pushed the reinstall button on steam ;-)

It's a big download - I'd start now if I were you Grer hehe.

Badem_Jax
Dragon Shadow

Been playing this then got the 19.99 edition (game plus 4 DLC) as I suspect this game is going to take up a nice chunk of my time and at minimal cost to me lol

shadowbullvi
Dragon Knight

tried in beta and didnt like it that much so will probably give this a miss, i know nico still plays on there somewhere though the best thing about the game is the trailers i think

Merleon
Dragon Knight

I'm doing the patch, got some of the extra dl content. I'll post my char names on here if anyone wants to throw a friend invite, just give me the names and I'll accept. You can join up to 4 guilds, so I think I have space for a guild if anyone wants to make an sotd guild. It's the account who joins the guild, so all chars automatically are in the guild.  I'd definitely be up for a guild night in TESO.

EQ2 Mophia, Bumgazu, Merleon, and many others (well 18 last count)
EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Badem_Jax
Dragon Shadow

I am ingame as Badem Jax :)

Badem_Jax
Dragon Shadow

User id @Badem

Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

Ah, sorry Badem, I missed your post before we had a delve in there tonight. I've sent friend request.

I have created a SotD guild, so I will try to catch everyone and get you all invited.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Elder Scrolls Online All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: