Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Pantheon General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karofin-
Dragon High Council

re: 18 August 2016 : Reddit AMA with Brad McQuaid

Here is the link for the real chat. https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4y7sd0/i_am_brad_aradune_mcquaid_cco_for_pantheon_rise/?sort=new

Read from the bottom up for the order they were answered (or maybe you know how to change the view to better for you ?)   I managed to get 4-5 in myself.

Add in your comments here, to open up the discussion a bit too.  What did you find interesting from this ?

Phuba
Dragon Shadow

Ok...that's one serious long post....better start reading ....

All sounds rather classic and to be expected of that style of game.  

I do hope they reconsider instancing some stuff (or at least raids).  Full open world Raids usually just mean that the strongest guilds on the server kill them till they get bored, and the smaller guilds get nothing...   I've been in the "strong guild" position on this, and i know how fast guilds can respond to this. (and with about 10 guilds capable of killing them without big effort, there was plenty of competition)  Even with multiple raid bosses all up in different locations at the same time, they usually died within the hour of spawning.  Al though it was nice to see how even opposing guilds respected it when a guild managed to assemble before they got there and did not intentionally try to cause a wipe.

Maybe a lockout (with a big gate you need to pass to get to the 'public raid zone') that is a lot longer then the respawn time can help with this. 

Karofin-
Dragon High Council

Most interesting nugget I have seen within that lot so far is the stab he makes at a timeline.  Early 2017 for Alpha, mid to end of 2017 for Beta and then Open Beta end of 2017 with Release early 2018.  All just a stab at this point of course, but its good to have at least a point to stick in the calendar and see if it comes close.  I don't think they will go early and I would bet they try like hell not to slip it too.

While I appreciate the comment about non instancing, I agree that this does close down a LOT.  EQ2 balanced this very well, with non instanced zones leading to instanced areas but left the biggest and the best in non instanced overland (The gods basically).  I remember seeing as you recall, when the top 3 guilds could assemble within minutes for an attempt at a kill and whoever got there 1st got the pull unimpeded, all handled respectfully.  Some years ago I was even part of one myself, where we would take turns on lookout for the pops or I would get a tech message and had to log on immediately etc.  Those days are gone for me now, but I would like to see them again.  Those folks need their place, but those of us with a life also need to be able to access some of the end game content and instancing allows this.  I don't think it will change so I will be interested at how they can do this but not have zones or dungeons overrun.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Pantheon General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: