Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Pantheon General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karofin-
Dragon High Council

re: What is the vision of this game ?

If they deliver this, it could well end up being the last MMO I ever play as I would be unable to drag myself off it.

Release sometime in 2017 but could be a game that fills the void left by EQN's departure.  Maybe the Vanguard that never was as that game was truly superb, just lacking the finishing touches needed to make it a success.  Even looking into the few raid zines they created but never populated and a few corners of the map that were clearly stories that were in their heads but never brought to reality let you see that game was a huge class above any that have gone before.  Can the team succeed this time ?  Did Vanguard's failure teach then enough to make this incredible ?

Subscription based which immediately gives me some comfort it might deliver.

Game Tenets

• An awareness that content is king.
  • A requirement that classes have identities. No single player should be able to do everything on their own.
  • A belief that game economies should be predicated on delaying and minimizing item value deflation.
  • A commitment to a style of play that focuses on immersive combat, and engaging group mechanics.
  • An understanding that a truly challenging game is truly rewarding.
  • An expectation that with greater risk will come greater reward.
  • An understanding that player involvement is required for progression. All actions (or lack thereof) should have consequences. Positive actions should be rewarded. Apathy or lack of action should not be rewarded with bonuses.
  • A belief that meaningful character progression will always involve a player increasing in both power and prestige.
  • A mindset that some degree of downtime should be part of a game, ensuring players have time to form important social bonds.
  • A belief that an immersive world requires intelligent inhabitants.
  • An understanding that faction and alignment should be an integral part of interacting with the world and its citizens.
  • A sincere commitment to creating a world where a focus on cooperative play will attract those seeking a challenge.
  • A belief that the greatest sense of accomplishment comes when it is shared - and earned.
  • An agreement that player levels should be both meaningful and memorable.
  • An assertion that player vs. environment should involve more than NPCs -- Engage the World!

http://pantheonmmo.com/game/game_tenets/

Ajuben
Dragon Shadow

The game looks quite good, would like to see them reducing the early access prices though, not overly keen on paying crazy cash on games in development especially after landmark. I watched a video of it and it did look fun and very group orientated.

Phuba
Dragon Shadow

Yeah i had noticed this one before.  It does look very interesting.  If the can deliver, this will be very good, but its a big feature list for such a small developer.... but they do have experience in their ranks and apparently very deep pockets by an anonymous donor.

Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

Phuba wrote:

very deep pockets by an anonymous donor.

Karofin ??

Karofin-
Dragon High Council

Well I don't like to talk about it ..... if they do this I am in like. 

Agree Jarzak.  Its end 2017 release I think expected atm so I will be holding back and looking later I think.  I think Bullvi got the Alpha or perhapse that's Camelot.

Crowarrion
Dragon Shadow

Maybe I will have to play with the music switched on with this one:

http://pantheonmmo.com/news/blog/state_of_the_game_july_2016/

The reddit page https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/ is quite good for being drip fed info. I really hope this one makes it.

Last edited by Crowarrion on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

I gone and plucked for the Knights Pledge supporter package for this game. It's 100$ (about 78quid I think with todays crappy pound), but that includes Alpha and Beta access, plus 2 digital versions of the game. To be honest, I'd probably have bought one for me and my lad anyway, so I guess it costs in ok.

If I get any news from now on, I'll let you know.

Edit: Ohhh..ohhh...They have Gnomes !!! :)

Karofin-
Dragon High Council

I don't mind buying things if they look good.  Investing as it were.  I still don't regret the £100 I bought Landmark for.  I will buy that too then.  When is Alpha expected ?  I am hoping this is what we are all waiting for in terms of a real deep and immersive game that we might not necessarily be able to kill all content in as a hardcore force but will have more fun that anyone else in game within our group that's for sure.

Group centric sandbox games, sprinkled with good people, build strong guilds.

Badem_Jax
Dragon Shadow

If this has some of the basics of Vanguard in it, then this is so the game I want to be playing

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Pantheon General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: