Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Mophia's Novel
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you want to be in a book?
Definitely, where do I sign up?
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
I need more info.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Perhaps another time.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No way!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Merleon
Dragon Knight

re: SOTD to appear in a novel, need volunteers.

Karo has agreed to let me use sotd as the main guild in a story arc in the series of novels I am writing. In the first book, sotd will take over the control of a town, which will become the first guild town in the game. 

I need volunteers, who will let me use their character name and character itself, as supporting characters in the book. You will be involved in both the character creation, and will get teh chance to review the parts of the story involving your character, and help me to make sure that your character behaves the way you would if you were playing the character. I want people who read this to say, "Yes, that's xyz" when they read your character.

If you want to be involved, please PM me with your email, and I will send you the necessary information to start your character. I hope to have the first book out early next year, so we have a lot of work to do. I'm hoping we will get a few well known sotd names involved. I already have Del and DE involved.

It's a LitRPG series, which means it's an MMORPG, but in book form. The reader takes the part of the main character as the book is read. You have skill ups, level ups, gain rep, etc, exactly as you would in a MMORPG. This series is set in a fantasy world, but my next series will be called Ancient Civilisations Online. I'm already researching and outlining that series.

I hope to hear from a few of you asap.

I will be crediting sotd and the guild members in the acknowledgements, and linking the website in the books.

EQ2 Mophia, Bumgazu, Merleon, and many others (well 18 last count)
EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Xaraphiel
Dragon Shadow

I have cast my vote - cant wait to see what you do - please keep us updated :)

Lvl70 Dark Knight (Tank)

I am the Carbuncle Knight

Karofin-
Dragon High Council

A few folks have already pinged Moph to say they want to be part of it.  I am also going to help.  get your details in folks.  I am told in this version of a parallel universe, Karofin doesn't even die (as much)

Merleon
Dragon Knight

Right, character info now up in the thread Karo made for this in the forums. Start reading, scratching heads, making choices, and come back to me. I am available to discuss choices. There's a lot of stuff in there, you can see I have been busy creating this game world. 

Strongly influenced mechanics wise by The Elder Scrolls Games.

If any of you want to take a look at the kind of book I'm writing, I suggest the following.

The Land Series Aleron Kong (first book is free)

The Way of the Shaman

The Dark Herbalist

Awaken Online Travis Bagwell (a big favourite of mine)

Life Reset (no we're not going to do this to Karo)

Alterworld (again first book is free)

EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Maccaroni101
Dragon Knight

I've never been very good at the actual role play aspect of these games we spend so much of our time in, so I've never had any "back story" to my characters. You're more than welcome to use any of my characters names, but assuming that you want it to be reasonably serious I guess you won't want a Maccaroni McNoodle running around :) You could use Xzen, as an aging Dwarven healer if you like - feel free to fill in the back story, but make it heroic and exciting :p.

You also have my full permission to use Karofin, as the hapless healer who spends most of his time laying dead on the floor, trying to justify his death as experimental, and in the interest of progression.

Karofin-
Dragon High Council

I have no defence to this, or it seems the endless hail of hits I receive other that to suggest it can only be bad tanking.

I will have a look at the details soon as I get a chance Moph.  never had a back story to characters though that might change in Pantheon.  I had one for the very early days for my Warlock in EQ2 who was a betrayed Dark Elf (when it was hard and rare to do) and when I played SWG I had a really strong back story to the character that tied into what I did in the game and usually how I met folks so when they saw it, it made sense.

Nowadays, everyone knows me too well for me to try and suggest I am in any way useful, though I do provide endless entertainment.

Merleon
Dragon Knight

No story needed, unless you want to provide one. I just want to make your skills, etc, as close to those you would pick if you were playing. That's the reason I will refer the bits of my book involving your char to you for approval, to make sure it's true to what you would do, or possibly say, if you think you'd say something a different way. You can be as involved as you want to be.

And hey, if you want to be a character running around my book with the name Maccaroni MacNoodle, feel free.

EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
oxolotl
Dragon Knight

I will aim to take a look at this, 1giving me a character creation screen is a bad idea however :-)

I ama up for this, Badem Jax Gimp extraordinaire at your service :)

Merleon
Dragon Knight

Please take a good read of the stuff in this post, and post the detail of the character you come up with at the end. 

http://shadowsofthedragon.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11723673&gid=413266

I need the following.

Name, race, level, 5 primary skills, the first 5 secondary skills, the next 5 secondary skills you will pick at level 25. The class/profession you either have or are working towards. Any crafting skills you have gained, and those you are using, with a level in them. Any regularly used lesser skills. Detail any back story if you want. You can also note any guildies you regularly group with, and I will try to include them, please ask them to visit this page and create a character profile.

Note, you can gain every skill if you wanted.You can also gain more than one class/profession, if you work hard at it. To gain the crafting profession title, I would need a level of 25 in the crafting profession, and the creation of a major work  (which can be unique in some crafting classes), to gain the crafting title of Master, it would be level 50, and the creation of a master work.

EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Merleon
Dragon Knight

OK, I'm waiting on you guys, please come back to me with the basic details I need. Minimum is name, race, class, and I'll fill in the rest if I have too.

EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
oxolotl
Dragon Knight

Oh crikey, sorry about that - will send you info over the weekend

Maccaroni (Macc) of some small race, probably gnomish, caster dps type. Looks cool with his nicely trimmed little beard, and he's a happy fella, but has issues avoiding aoe's.

He likes to keep the healers busy.

The rest is entirely up to you Moph :) Artistic licence I think they call it :p

zipp_sotd
Dragon Shadow

Zipp is a halfling rogue.  He is bald has a white beard and is small even for a halfling.  He gets angry when people think he is a gnome, which happens very often!  He enjoys exploring dangerous dungeons and crafting weapons.  He is very ambitious and loves to make lots of platinum mainly by playing the markets and selling items he has made.

He enjoys keeping his house up together and has a room full of trophies from past quests and conquests.  When he is not adventuring or crafting, he can normally be found at home in front of the fire reading.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Mophia's Novel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: