Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Mophia's Novel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merleon
Dragon Knight

re: Character creation Info.

First important thing. The only ones starting at level 1 in the book/game will be the two main characters. Everyone else will have been playing this game for a while, so you will all be somewhere between level 3 and 19. You can choose that yourself, you can also choose how many points you have in each of your primary and secondary skills, as I am using an Elder Scrolls Games levelling system. 10 skill points = 1 level. So I will leave that up to you, but I will keep the right to ask you to adjust your characters level if need be, as I don't want all of you at level 19 obviously.

You chose your name, race (I'm allowing all normal fantasy game race types, however the two main characters will both be human, as I'm starting the book in the human start area of the world), you can chose the class/profession that your character is working toward (I'm assuming that most characters would not qualify for a class before level 20), and pick your 5 primary and 5 secondary skills. 

Everyone will get another 5 secondary skills at level 25, I haven't decided yet if there will be more primary or secondary skills gained at higher levels. So I will need you to tell me the secondary skills you would pick at 25 as well.

NOTE All skills can be learned by a character, however a skill that isn't chosen as a primary or secondary skill is a lesser skill. There is a cap on lesser skills of double your level, so at level 3 a lesser skill is capped at 6, at 15 it's 30. It is suggested that you should consider making a crafting skill you plan to use a lot a primary or secondary skill.

Traits. This is something I'm putting in, these would be earned in the game, usually for exceptional things. If you can make a good case for why your character might have earned one, I'll consider it. These should be rare however.

Stats. Normal stats, Strength, Intelligence, Willpower, Agility, Speed, Endurance, Personality/Charisma, Luck, Wisdom. Starting base of 5 in each. Gain 5 points per level, your choice of where you put the points.

Bars. Health, Mana, Stamina.

Skills.

NOTE These are discovered in game, usually by using/doing them, however they can also be discovered by training them (if you can afford it). IE, if you kill something using a dagger, you learn short blades.

Combat School (including the combat crafting skills)

Block, Medium Armour, Heavy Armour, Blunt Weapons, Long Blades, Axe, Spear, Athletics, Hand to Hand, Unarmoured, Light Armour, Dodge, Swimming, Short Blades, Critical Strike.

Armourer, Weaponsmith, Bowyer.

Magic School (including magic crafting skills)

Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Dark, Spirit/Divine, Life, Death, Summoning, Music, First Aid, Surgery

Alchemy, Enchanting, Herbcraft, Scribing

Most magic types would include a minor heal spell, although water, light, spirit and life would contain the main healing spells.

Most magic types would include a summoning element, although the summoning skill is needed before summoning spells will work.

Stealth School (including related crafting skills) I'm looking for a new name for this school, as it includes scout and woodcraft as well as thief skills.

Lockpick, Detect Traps, Disarm Traps, Sneak, Acrobatics, Marksman/Archery, Backstab, Disguise, Pickpocket, Climbing, Sprint, Streetwise (language), Etiquette (language), Tracking, 

Woodcraft, Perception, Animal Taming.

Alchemy, Trading, Weaponsmith, Tailor, Bowyer, Skinning, Forage, Herbcraft, Woodcutter, Map Making

Crafting and Gathering School

Armourer, Enchanting, Trading, Building, Architect, Cook, Brewer, Weaponsmith, Blacksmith, Tailor, Scribing, Jeweller, Carpentry, Bowyer, Map Making, Glass Making, Artist.

Mining, Fishing, Farming, Herbcraft, Forage, Woodcutting, Skinning, Butchery, Herdsman.

Classes/Professions

Each needs 6 skills per class, plus a stat requirement of 20 in the required stats. The level requirement per skill would be 25.

Warrior

Strength, Endurance, Agilty

Axe, Long Blade, Blunt, Hand to Hand, Marksman, Short Blade.

Barbarian

Strength, Endurance

Blunt, Long Blade, Axe, Hand to Hand, Short Blade, Athletics.

Crusader/Paladin

Agility, Strength, Personality, Endurance

Blunt, Long Blade, Fire, Block, Spirit, Hand to Hand

Knight

Strength, Endurance, Personality

Long Blade, Etiquette, Blunt, Axe, Marksman, Short Blade

Scout

Speed, Endurance

Sneak, Long Blade, Athletics, Marksman, Tracking, Life

Archer

Strength, Agility

Marksman, Hand to Hand, Dodge, Axe, Blunt, Athletics

Rogue

Strength, Agility, Speed

Long Blade, Climbing, Axe, Pickpocket, Backstab, Streetwise

Mage/Wizard

Intelligence, Willpower

any six from Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, Dark, Spirit, Life, Death, Enchanting, Scribing.

Healer

Personality, Willpower, Intelligence

Life, Spirit, Alchemy, First Aid, Surgery, Herbcraft

Battlemage

Intelligence, Willpower, Endurance

Long Blade, Dodge, Fire, any 3 other schools of magic

Witchhunter

Intelligence, Agility

Enchanting, Marksman, Blunt, Sneak, Summoning, any spell school.

Spellsword

Intelligence, Willpower, Strength, Endurance

Axe, Long Blade, Sprint, Blunt, Fire, any spell school

Nightblade

Agility, Intelligence, Willpower

Sneak, Dodge, Pickpocket, Lockpick, Air, any spell school

Thief

Agility, Intelligence, Speed

Pickpocket, Sneak, Short Blade, Backstab, Climbing, Lockpick

Agent

Personality, Agility

Sneak, Short Blade, Acrobatics, Trading, Block, any spell school

Assassin

Agility, Strength, Speed

Alchemy, Backstab, Sneak, Short Blade, Long Blade, Blunt

Acrobat

Agility, Speed

Acrobatics, Dodge, Athletics, Climbing, Hand to Hand, Sneak

Monk

Strength, Endurance, Willpower

Hand to Hand, Critical Strike, Dodge, Sneak, Blunt, First Aid

Pilgrim

Personality, Endurance, Wisdom

Trading, Marksman, Hand to Hand, Life, Short Blade, First Aid

Bard

Agility, Intelligence, Personality

Music, Streetwise, Etiquette, Pickpocket, Sneak, Backstab

Conjurer

Summoning, five other magic schools (excluding Death)

Necromancer

Death, Earth, Summoning, three other magic schools.

Druid

Willpower, Wisdom, Intelligence

Life, Earth, Summoning, Herbcraft, two other magic schools

Elementalist

Intelligence, Willpower

Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Summoning, Scribing.

Cleric

Wisdom, Willpower, Personality

Life, Spirit, Blunt, First Aid,  Streetwise, Etiquette

Burglar

Agility, Intelligence, Speed

Lockpick, Sneak, Climbing, Trading, Dodge, Sprint

Ranger

Strength, Endurance, Agility

Long Blade, Axe, Climbing, Swimming, Marksman, Tracking

EQ2 Mophia, Bumgazu, Merleon, and many others (well 18 last count)
EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Merleon
Dragon Knight

re: Character creation Info.

For crafting professions/classes.

For the title of Builder, Jeweller, Cook, etc. Level 25 and the creation of a major work (unique in some classes like Jeweller).

For the title of Master Builder, etc, level 50 and the creation of a Master Work.

Please note that a character can have more than one profession/class, of the requirements can be met.

EQ2 Mophia, Bumgazu, Merleon, and many others (well 18 last count)
EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Mophia's Novel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: