Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shadows of the Dragon Forum Index -> Star Wars : The Old Republic Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tohodab
Dragon Shadow

re: Application to SotD

Hey everyone. I've been playing SWTOR for around 3 months now - mostly dabbling with alts - but I think I've finally settled into the game and am looking to join a guild with a solid foundation and a friendly attitude. I saw your post on The Red Eclipse board and figured you guys seem to fit the bill. I'll make an effort to seek out one of the recruitment officers in game, however here's my forum based application.

Main Character Name : Tohodab

Main Character Adventure Class and Level: Jedi Guardian [16]

Main Character Crafter Class and level: Artifice (although I've yet to really focus on this)

List of ALL alternate character names (and classes) on both Dark and Light side : None as of yet

Your age in real life: 24

Your Location in real Life (country is fine): Norfolk, England

History of previous guild membership : Operation Infinite Justice (Star Wars Galaxies 2006-2011)

Reason for leaving previous Guild: The guild never really recovered post-closure of SWG.

Name of existing full member of the guild Shadows of the Dragon sponsoring your application, if applicable : 

Why do you want to become a member of the Shadows of the Dragon...? : Looking for a guild with strong foundations, active forum and voice chat presence, and a friendly attitude, which won't chastise me for having limited and uneven hours to play the game.

Why should SotD invite you to be part of our guild...? : I'm a team player. My favourite thing about MMOs is setting goals with my fellow players and getting them done, be it raiding, hunting down items, helping new players or just chilling out in the cantina. I don't have the time of day for guild politics and power plays, I just want to have fun with a good group of people.

Is there anything else that you would like to state in your application...? : I may only be a newbie to SWTOR, but it's taken me a long time to find my groove in an MMO since SWG closed down. I've been watching SWTOR from the sidelines since it was announced, but it never really seemed to grab me. I've given it a good shot over the last couple of months though and I think I've finally started to get hooked on the game. Unfortunately due to the nature of adult responsibilities, my play time is often short, and working in a restaurant means that my hours of play vary wildly depending on when my shifts are.

I'm a casual player for sure, but I hope this doesn't work against my application as I'll always try my hardest to get in game for any guild events, and as I mentionted previously, I'm really just looking for a good group of players to hop into Vent and chat with whilst I play.

Have you read and do you agree to the guild rules...? Link appears to be broken.

oxolotl
Dragon Knight

Hi There,

Thanks for the application, you'll be very welcome!

If you add Oxolotl on to your friends list, i'll try and add you if I switch toons also. I'll likely be on from GMT 7pm onwards

I've added you to my friends list. I won't be able to make it online tonight, but I should be online most of tomorrow night.

Tohodab
Dragon Shadow

Anonymous wrote:

I've added you to my friends list. I won't be able to make it online tonight, but I should be online most of tomorrow night.

Apologies, didn't realize that I wasn't logged in.

oxolotl
Dragon Knight

Ok will look out for you Happy

Welcome my friend! Casual gamers are very welcome here. I speak from experience, as it took me about 2 years to hit level 50 :P

Tohodab
Dragon Shadow

RumTruffler wrote:

Welcome my friend! Casual gamers are very welcome here. I speak from experience, as it took me about 2 years to hit level 50 :P

Good to know. I'm very eager to start running flashpoints, but at the same time I'm also keen on not thrashing out the grind to endgame. It's just nice to have some people to share your experiences with along the way and know that when you do reach endgame then you already have a great team behind you.

oxolotl
Dragon Knight

There are some good ones to at least have a go at at your sort of level, they won't boost you too much along the way and chance of getting some better gear along the way too.

welcome aboard Happy

Merleon
Dragon Knight

Did you do the apply to guild on the main page as well? It's a button on top left side of home page.

EQ2 Mophia, Bumgazu, Merleon, and many others (well 18 last count)
EQ1 loads
And general altaholic
oxolotl
Dragon Knight

Yep don't worry, he is in as a member on both game and here.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum