View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xaraphiel
Dragon Shadow

re: FFXIV - Another one bites the dust

Well we finally did it. It took as a while and a lot of hard work but we cleared what is considered one of the hardest coils of Bahumat (Second Coil Turn 2).

This boss was so hard it literally petrified us (whether it was due to fear or mechanics is still debatable). We went in with a plan, and full credit to everyone, we actually stuck to it, worked on it and tweaked it until we were getting to the point where we were a stone’s throw away from beating the boss. But thanks to a rock solid performance we broke that stone cold gaze of hers and silenced that shrieking voice forever.

All puns aside, seriously guys, you were all amazing out there. I know how trying it was on that battle field and how frustrated we got at points and I want to commend you all for coming together in the true spirit of the SotD. This was a fight that badly punished a single mistake with petrifaction mechanic (and from what I can tell we all slipped up at one point - I'm still kicking myself over my slip up at the end). There was so much going on it was overwhelming and here was an incredible example of us working together as a team, communicating and taking on key jobs in that fight and you all deserve recognition.

First a big thanks to Phubar who helped me call out key mechanics and coordinating the effort on the small adds.

Thank you Ox for keeping the large adds well positioned and under control - without that job we would never have made it.

Maccaroni - thank you so much for calling out who had the debuffs. A true life saver.

The healers Stevie and Yogi - you had a hard time keeping us alive so well done holding us together and petrifying the big add while you were at it.

Jarzak somehow seemed to keep calm at all times and cracked on, even when everything was crumbling around him. He was often one of the last men standing and was on the ball with the adds and shriek attacks and calling out when we missed things.

A special tip of the hat goes to Badam - as wasn’t on TS and unable to hear any communication, he did an amazing job keeping on top of things when there was so much crazy going on.

Last and certainly not least - a huge thank you to all of you, for being able to put up with me (Xara) and my adorable Carbuncle ears :P (I’m suprised none of you had nightmares of me calling "Voice" and "Shriek") - I know I'm not as charismatic as Karo, but having your support is inspiring.

Now for our biggest challenge yet... opening a door

(For those who are interested - Me, Mac and Ox did get through the door in the end... and as for Turn 4... well let's just say we are in for a real treat with that one)

Lvl70 Dark Knight (Tank)

I am the Carbuncle Knight

Xzen*
Dragon Knight

Fantastic job by everyone last night, really glad to see this one go down. Onwards and upwards :)

Another nice job from Xara, giving us all clear direction so we all know exactly what we need to do - Thanks mate !

zipp_sotd
Dragon Shadow

Well done guys :-)

Ajuben
Dragon Shadow

Well done guys, was fun seeing the gradual refinement and then victory!

https://youtu.be/flAH4fP8a5c

The last 40ish minutes of the raid can be seen here, skip to the last ten minutes for the part where we win :)

Last edited by Ajuben on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
oxolotl
Dragon Knight

And much like our little guild members (i of course mean the lallafells) a giant door did stump us for a while :)

Thanks for the write-up Xara, was good fun (if a little frustrating at times)!

Xzen* wrote:

Fantastic job by everyone last night, really glad to see this one go down. Onwards and upwards :)

Another nice job from Xara, giving us all clear direction so we all know exactly what we need to do - Thanks mate !

Haha - wait??? I was giving clear direction? I wasnt doing my job right :P (seriously though - thanks Mac)

zipp_sotd wrote:

Well done guys :-)

Thanks Zipp - its great to see you. Hope you are keeping well :D

Ajuben wrote:

Well done guys, was fun seeing the gradual refinement and then victory!

https://youtu.be/flAH4fP8a5c

The last 40ish minutes of the raid can be seen here, skip to the last ten minutes for the part where we win :)

Wow - you were recording!!! Hehe cheers for that - looks so different and cool from your persective (boy I hate the sound of my voice - think you could add a filter for mine XD

oxolotl wrote:

And much like our little guild members (i of course mean the lallafells) a giant door did stump us for a while :)

Thanks for the write-up Xara, was good fun (if a little frustrating at times)!

With the all the effort and frustration I felt this needed a write up - I didnt envy your job but it was a very impartant one and your class was perfect for it :D

Lvl70 Dark Knight (Tank)

I am the Carbuncle Knight

Karofin-
Dragon High Council

Magnificent work folks.  Onwards and upwards indeed.  This is a great step !!

Badem_Jax
Dragon Shadow

That door man.... taht door is giving me more knightmares than teh previous turn

But rumour has it Coil 2 Turn 3 is soloable!!

oxolotl
Dragon Knight

Oh y gods, all our dulcet tones captured!

Jump to: