View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karofin-
Dragon High Council

re: Merry Christmas Everyone

SotD has had a fun year with some great successes in SWTOR, some new friends being made and, something which is very common in SotD, old friends rejoining us in various games, having a catch up on real-life and game life and having some fun.  Even though we are still very much waiting for the next big game to encompass us all, we seem easily capable of finding mischief in many other games together.

It has also been a very challenging year for us as a group as we have lost 2 of our long term members.  Atta and Lorak, both a  huge shock to us all, for very different reasons.  August gone it has also been a year since we said goodbye to Delearnor.  This is what sets SotD apart from other groups for me.  I can't simply replace a decade of friendship and laughter when we lose these long standing pillars of our community.  Life has a funny way of waking us up sometimes.  We will talk about how we will remember them as a Pantheon guild in the future.

So, what will 2018 bring for us ?  Game wise, we are mostly waiting for Pantheon to land in the hope it delivers us a great community game we can enjoy for many years together.  Until then we will no doubt have presence in SWTOR and various other fringe games at the moment such as Final Fantasy XIV and games like The Division.

I hope as a group, especially the wider group who we have not seen in games together for such a long time, can come together under the banner of Pantheon.  We have something quite special within SotD.  Everyone who joins us says that they have never been in such a warm guild and they then seem to stay with us, or if we part games, at the very least stay in touch.  We have all made good strong real-life connections with one another.  We encourage each other out of games and we laugh at life.  We watch each other's families grow and in some cases, we see the 2nd generation of gamers joining the guild community.

So keep an eye out on the usual places, here on the guild page or on Facebook and lets enjoy 2018 together.  Have a great holiday season folks.  Have some great family time, drink and eat to excess and enjoy whatever game time you can get.  May all of your coffees taste of Baileys !! 

Merry Christmas.

oxolotl
Dragon Knight

And Merry Christmas to you too and everyone else, see you all soon.

I know he spends most of his time laying on the deck, but Karofin knows how to write a Christmas message :)

Touching words and very true. Games may come and go but SotD members always find their way back. We have a great bunch of people in our current games, and I really look forward to smashing more Ops on SWTOR next year, with you all. I'm also eager to have a crack at the raid content in FFXIV.

I've personally enjoyed being caretaker-leader of SWTOR, in Karo's absence, and want to thank you all for supporting me, and not giving me too much hassle :p. I promise I'll try harder next year to get sign-ups onto the forums.

I'm hoping we will see some movement on Pantheon next year. If so I will certainly be serving in SotD under Karofins "unique" leadership, and am very much looking forward to it.

That just leave me to wish everyone and their families a very Happy Christmas and awesome new year.

Macc

Xaraphiel
Dragon Shadow

Thank you for the Christmas message - and also wish everyone and thier families a Happy Christmas too

Lvl70 Dark Knight (Tank)

I am the Carbuncle Knight

Lleannor
Dragon Shadow

Thanks all and have a good one. Personally I look forward to eating some dry bread and having a glass of water to it! Delicious!

Actually, I'll probably end up having eaten waaaay too much candy and food too. 

Anyways! Now I'm off to a 2 hour drive in heavy traffic (Glorious!). Back in a couple of days! :D

.-(_)
                              / _/
                           .-'   \
                          /       '.
                        ,-~--~-~-~-~-,
                       {__.._...__..._}             ,888,
       ,888,          /\##"  6  6  "##/\          ,88' `88,
     ,88' '88,__     |(\`    (__)    `/)|     __,88'     `88
    ,88'   .8(_ \_____\_    '----'    _/_____/ _)8.       8'
    88    (___)\ \      '-.__    __.-'      / /(___)
    88    (___)88 |          '--'          | 88(___)
    8'      (__)88,___/                \___,88(__)
              __`88,_/__________________\_,88`__
             /    `88,       |88|       ,88'    \
            /        `88,    |88|    ,88'        \
           /____________`88,_\88/_,88`____________\
          /88888888888888888;8888;88888888888888888\
         /^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^`/88\\^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\
        /                    |88| \============,     \
       /_  __  __  __   _ __ |88|_|^  MERRY    | _ ___\
       |;:.                  |88| | CHRISTMAS! |      |
       |;;:.                 |88| '============'      |
       |;;:.                 |88|                     |
       |::.                  |88|                     |